Saturday 20 October 2012

Today was... Different

Today, I had an epiphany. It went something like this.

You're going to die. No matter what happens today, tomorrow or next year, you will die, and there is nothing you can do about it. So smile! If everyone's going to be a drama llama, don't let them bother you. Next year, what you're arguing about will not matter, so just enjoy life. Learn from everything. If nothing matters, then by extension everything matters, because it's so infinitley useless it would be sacrilage not to have fun.

Now I know that just sounds like a huge, thinly vieled #YOLO, but in fact it's the opposite. A few people I know have the philosiphy that nothing matters so if something upsets you say. Don't bother what people think of you. I have the opposite view.

If we're on our way to inevitable doom, we should be declining to be petty and superficial. If someone upsets you, let it go, it won't make any difference in the grand scheme of things.

This midset put me in an amazing mood, and I've been commited to help everyone all day. It's wonderful, if a little morbid.

Tell me Invisible reader, am I crazy?

Stay Elated,
Your Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment